Welcome to Episode 17 of Offshoot with Sarah Kruer Jager.
Sarah came into her family business, not by design, but via circumstance. Since joining the firm, she’s become an absolute powerhouse in the commercial real estate industry and an epic role model for those aspiring to get into the juiciest part of the apartment business.
Sarah’s team of 14 stems from a decades-long family partnership, and punches way above its weight.
In this open conversation she portrays a lot of the attributes that feed her success and Monarch Group’s continued progress.
Listen in as she covers:
- The family adversity that brought her into the business and navigating that bittersweet time.
- Monarch’s mandate to get every deal right while building assets to own them long term.
- Creating alignment in their team through a lean and mean culture along with financial incentives.
- Staying in your niche and avoiding style drift.
- How tumultuous times in real estate often bring the best deals.
- The importance of investment conviction when uncertainty is high.
- Avoiding a merchant building reality by:
- Putting real skin in the game.
- Working on complex sites to secure a great basis
- Keeping time on your side.
- The importance of great relationships and teams.
- Getting out there, taking risk, and “showing up” to learn and grow.
- The importance of taking care of yourself so that you can take care of others.