Podcast: Play in new window
Welcome to Episode 10 of Offshoot with Carrie Nikols from The Nikols Company.
Carrie is the co-founder and Chief Executive Officer of The Nikols Company, a private lender who has originated over 500 loans without a single foreclosure or loan loss.
Carrie’s experience in the commercial real estate lending industry is vast. She brings strong underwriting expertise and knows how to create win/win situations that benefit her borrowers, sponsors and investors.
Listen for some of the nuggets that Carrie shares, including:
- Hedging credit cycle risk by keeping loan terms short.
- Putting underwriting ahead of origination as the central aspect of her company.
- How to be a real fiduciary, acting to truly protect the interests of your investors.
- Using daily prayer to
- maintain awareness of the fact that money isn’t a god.
- bring a true winning mindset into every transaction.
- find center before you walk into the office.
- How some credit issues can be overlooked, but character cannot.
- How speed and certainty of execution is a critical component of her company’s value proposition.
- How women can thrive in the commercial real estate industry.